UPDATE: The reason for Gregory Edward Jacobs‘ loss of life has been revealed.
In response to the Hillsborough County coroner in Florida, the Digital Underground rapper, in any other case often called Shock G, died from an unintended overdose of fentanyl, ethanol and methamphetamine. The information comes lower than two months after Jacobs’ passing in April. He was 57 years previous.
The music business has misplaced a star.
In response to The New York Times, Gregory Edward Jacobs, in any other case often called Shock G, was discovered useless at a resort in Tampa, Fla. on April 22. He was 57 years previous. The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Workplace confirmed the rapper’s loss of life to the newspaper however didn’t reveal a reason behind loss of life. Jacobs’ father Edward Racker advised TMZ, which was first to report the information, that authorities will conduct an post-mortem.
“Shock was a really sort individual, and an inspiration to many,” a supply near Jacobs additionally advised E! Information, “and he will likely be sorely missed.”
Jacobs fashioned the hip-hop group Digital Underground with Chopmaster J and Kenny Okay in 1987. After dropping their single “Underwater Rimes,” the artists caught the eye of report label Tommy Boy.